This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

DNA marking.

Aug 25, 2013 at 3:23 PM
I intend to make DNA test available for my family. So it would be nice to have your report Blood relation and or Direct relation printable separately and not with by Marriage etc. ie each type could be selected to be printed out as their own title !! This would also save a lot of unnecessary paper in my case of 69 pages.
Also another suggestion would be on printed reports under the heading of Family Tree Analyzer v2.1.2.1 would be to put the sub title of the Report viz.. Family relationships ??
Coordinator
Aug 25, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Sorry which specific existing report were you referring to? Or were you referring to a new report suggestion?
Aug 25, 2013 at 4:38 PM
The Individuals Report Relation column consists of
Blood relation
By Marriage
Marr to Direct/Blood Relation
Direct Ancestor
If one prints the whole report it is many pages.
It would be nice to print the whole report just by one of the types above

As far as reports are concerned a Sub Heading under Family tree Advisor would be nice to indicate which report had been printed
Thank you
Coordinator
Aug 25, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Ah ok. Yes a filter on the list for individuals and families is a good idea.

v.2.1.3 just released now has report titles.
Aug 27, 2013 at 7:47 AM
I have used the filter facility on exporting csv to Excel. Extremely cumbersome and time wasting. Is It not possible to have these reports set up as separate reports as well or be filtered within your program ??
Coordinator
Aug 27, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Sorry I don't understand there is NO filter facility on export. YET!!

I said it was a good idea, however as I am now on holiday I'm unable to do any updates until my return.

What would be useful is a description of the sort of filtering you would like to see and I can use that as a template for implementation on my return. Positive suggestions and constructive criticism are welcome. Simply complaining is counter productive.

I'll implement change when I can so that it improves the experience for all. The program is under development though and I am an unpaid programmer doing this for the enjoyment of it not expecting or accepting any remuneration for my work.

If the program does not have the features you need please request them. DO NOT just complain that just annoys me. If this is unacceptable you are welcome to stop using this FREE program.

In short I'll try to help but I don't respond well to destructive criticism.
Aug 27, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Terribly sorry I extend apologies.
It was not intended in that way !! No criticism intended. In fact reverse I think the whole project is GREAT !!!
I exported file to csv format and used filters in Excel but this was terribly laborious.
What I wanted to suggest was to either :-
(a) To keep original report (Individuals or Families )but be able to use a filter in the program from each of the types of relation. ie Blood relation..By marriage etc and to print out only that filtered output
(b) to keep original report but to produce additional reports per type as above
In my case printing out the whole report was many pages.
I do hope you have a great holiday
And thanks again
In a message dated 27/08/2013 10:15:00 GMT Daylight Time, [email removed] writes:

Sorry I don't understand there is NO filter facility on export. YET!!

I said it was a good idea, however as I am now on holiday I'm unable to do any updates until my return.

What would be useful is a description of the sort of filtering you would like to see and I can use that as a template for implementation on my return. Positive suggestions and constructive criticism are welcome. Simply complaining is counter productive.

I'll implement change when I can so that it improves the experience for all. The program is under development though and I am an unpaid programmer doing this for the enjoyment of it not expecting or accepting any remuneration for my work.

If the program does not have the features you need please request them. DO NOT just complain that just annoys me. If this is unacceptable you are welcome to stop using this FREE program.

In short I'll try to help but I don't respond well to destructive criticism.