This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Version 2.0.0.3 FT Analyzer

Aug 12, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Fails to install. Error message

This application requires Version 4.0 Full or other compatible.NET Framework. Windows update shows Microsoft.NET Framework 4 is installed (error occurs on 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows 7).
Aug 12, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Yes and it does say that on the install instructions and gives you a link to download it. The .Net frameworks is often pre-installed on Windows 7 but if you don't have other programs that require it then you won't have it. More likely you have .Net 2.0, 3.0 or 3.5 which are the older versions.

From the install instructions..
If you are missing Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0 it can be downloaded free from Microsoft at http://www.microsoft.com/net/download/version-4 and clicking the download link in the "for the desktop" section on the left of the page. Note it is only v4.0 of .Net that is required v4.5 is not suitable.
Aug 12, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Sorry I forgot to mention that I checked Windows Update and Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0 is already installed on both my 32 bit and 64 bit systems. In fact several updates are recommended and noted as successful. I also checked installed programs and features and Microsoft.NET Framework Client profile is installed.
Aug 12, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Edited Aug 12, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Yes but unfortunately that is just the cut down version the "Client Profile" because this program does a lot of data manipulation with XML files and the like and interfaces with the web you need the full .Net 4.0 Framework not just the .Net 4.0 Client Profile.
Aug 12, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Thank you, the link you gave only offers the client profile. I have found the full version however. Thanks for your help.
Aug 12, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Ah many thanks for the heads up I'll source the correct link and update that.