This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.
1

Closed

Lost Cousins fact with no Lost Cousins Census Country

description

This problem seems to only affect 1940 US census lost cousins entries (but not all of them.
In the attached file of 58 Individuals:
All individuals have a date and place of birth
All Individuals have a US 1940 census entry
All individuals have a Lost Cousins event dated 1940

FTA 5.3.1.1 reports

Lost Cousins facts recorded:

1881 England & Wales Census: 2 Found, 2 Missing
1841 England & Wales Census: 0 Found, 0 Missing
1911 England & Wales Census: 0 Found, 7 Missing

1881 Scotland Census: 0 Found, 0 Missing

1911 Ireland Census: 0 Found, 0 Missing

1881 Canada Census: 0 Found, 0 Missing

1880 US Census: 0 Found, 0 Missing
1940 US Census: 0 Found, 0 Missing

Lost Cousins fact with no Lost Cousins census country : 58

Totals: 60 Found, 9 Missing



If seen as part of my Full gedcom, these 58 individuals are seen as 56 No country entries

These entries were all OK on V 5.2.? (Last version before 5.3.1.0)

file attachments

Closed Jun 26 at 5:47 PM by Levva
Moved to GitHub and re-written as a compiled version variant issue.

comments

Levva wrote Feb 6 at 8:43 AM

Likely it is the 1939 Register which links up as close to 1940 that's done something. I shall investigate further thanks for the sample file that really helps enormously.

Levva wrote Feb 6 at 9:36 AM

Can you check if this is still a problem in v5.3.1.1 please it seems ok in the test file you uploaded.

wrote Feb 6 at 10:04 AM

JohnMorrisonIOM wrote Feb 6 at 10:04 AM

It was 5.3.1.1 that I checked
I have attached a screenshot of the Lost Cousins Tab, showing the settings
Basically it seems that the 1940 US census is not beeing seen.
This error has crept in since 5.3..

wrote Feb 6 at 12:16 PM

Levva wrote Feb 6 at 12:16 PM

Hmm odd I get this with your test file you uploaded.!

JohnMorrisonIOM wrote Feb 6 at 3:45 PM

I had installed the clickonce download, that was the version I was having the problem with.
I have uninstalled that version and downloaded the zip file version and installed that.
Everything is OK with that version. (I get same as your screen shot)
I then reinstalled the clickonce download. Fault is still there.
So there must be a problem with the clickonce version

wrote Feb 7 at 11:59 AM

JohnMorrisonIOM wrote Feb 7 at 11:59 AM

I have just tried v 5.3.1.2 in both exe and clickonce versions.
The problem still exists in the clickonce version.
I have attached a combined screenshot showing both version

Levva wrote Mar 22 at 6:24 PM

I cannot fathom this one. The click once version and the exe version are built from exactly the same code base. Thus if the version number is the same (in the form title bar) then they are running the same code.

JohnMorrisonIOM wrote Apr 9 at 8:38 AM

I am still getting the discrepancy in behaviour between the click once and exe versions (just tested 5.3.1.5). I understand that there "Should" be no difference in behaviour. Very weird. But if a weird bug exists, I will find it.

John

wrote Jun 26 at 5:47 PM