This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Occupations Statistics

Mar 22, 2015 at 5:33 PM
I wondered over what period of time my accestors had engaged in a certain occupation. The Occupations tab gives me how many, and clicking that record tells me who, with their birth & death dates and lots of other info about the individuals, but not when. Is this something that could be added, perhaps with the option to re-order or remove superfluous columns to make the screen less crowded and keep the name in view when scrolling right?

Many thanks
Coordinator
Mar 24, 2015 at 1:53 AM
Edited Mar 24, 2015 at 1:54 AM
Not at my computer to check just now (typing this on phone). However on the list of individuals who have an occupation you should be able to double click the individuals in that list to see the list of facts for a person. The list of facts will show all facts including occupation facts. These occupation facts will have a date if one exists in your file.

Does that help?
Mar 25, 2015 at 10:38 AM
Thanks for your response Levva but not what I was looking for. What I would like is to be able to see, "at a glance" so to speak, is the occupation dates for each individual once I've selected that occupation from the list. It would be even better if I could sort by the dates column, then it would be obvious who the first person to follow the occupation was, and how long the family continued in the same trade. A big ask, I know, the software as it stands is excellent and has highlighted several discrepancies in what I thought was a fairly accurate tree.