This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

records with/without source (SOUR) details

Editor
Nov 15, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Edited Nov 15, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Is it possible to create an area where you can list records (eg birth, marriage, death, census, etc.) where there either is or is not a source (SOUR) linked to that record?
Having recently switched to Family Tree Maker as my primary program I find that it records this information whenever you connect to a record via Ancestry so it would be useful to be able to find any record that does not have a source. After all most guides to genealogy recommend that sources are included to justify the data recorded.
Thanks in advance.

It would be useful if you could select which records are included in the report.
Coordinator
Nov 15, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Yes this should be possible.
Editor
Nov 16, 2013 at 8:07 AM
It would be great if you could find time to add this - I am spending a lot of time at the moment getting everything correct and up-to-date since switching to Family Tree Maker and I am sure this would help find the areas needing attention.
Thanks
Coordinator
Nov 16, 2013 at 10:10 AM
I'm planning a facts list showing facts and who has those facts. Showing the number of sources (and that would obviously include none) could fit in with this.
Coordinator
Nov 17, 2013 at 10:20 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.