This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Linux support

Sep 4, 2013 at 5:38 PM
This software looks great, just what I was looking for.

However, I can't get it to run on my computer, which runs Linux (Ubuntu). Has anyone got it to work on Linux?

Is there any interest in porting it to mono (cross-platform .net environment)?

Thanks!
Megan
Coordinator
Sep 4, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Does mono support the click once installer? I'd really rather not revert to manually releasing new builds.
Coordinator
Sep 4, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Of course ALL the source is available so feel free to play around. If it works I could add someone as able to release a mono version.

My suspicion however is that mono doesn't support all the APIs in use but it would be interesting to here feedback on what works and what doesn't.
Sep 4, 2013 at 5:59 PM
The ClickOnce installer is Windows-specific.

Is there a way for me to checkout the source code, compile it, and run it without using the installer?
Coordinator
Sep 4, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Yup goto the source code tab. You can also use SVN to get the latest code. There should be a link to the Codeplex documentation failing that use Codeplex search (or Google) to find the correct URL to use for the SVN client you are using.
Coordinator
Sep 4, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Btw the branch you need is FTAnalyzer. Not FTMAnalyzer.

I should delete the old crap.
Coordinator
Sep 4, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Getting it to work on Linux should mean it can work on Mono for a Mac too.
Coordinator
Sep 5, 2013 at 6:54 AM
Edited Sep 5, 2013 at 7:40 AM
https://codeplex.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Obtaining%20the%20Team%20Explorer%20Everywhere%20Client&referringTitle=Source%20control%20clients is apparently the main supported route for non-windows clients an Eclipse plugin. Svn isn't worth it apparently.